SCP-008, the "Zombie Plague", is a bio-hazardous SCP object found in SCP - Containment Breach.
SCP-008 is a complex prion, research of which is highly classified and primarily aimed at preventing research which may lead to the synthesis of SCP-008 in the distant future. Traits of the SCP-008 prion include:
- 100% infectiousness.
- 100% lethality.
- Transmission through exposed mucous membranes and all bodily fluids.
- Not airborne or waterborne.
SCP-500 has been recorded to completely cure the effects of SCP-008, even in the advanced stages of the disease.
SCP-008's containment chamber can be accessed using a keycard of at least level 1. If the player approaches the canister containing SCP-008, it will burst open, shattering the nearby window of the control room. If the player is not wearing the Hazmat suit a piece of the broken window will cut their arm, prompting a message reading, "Something flew and cut your arm". After this has occurred, a soft screaming sound will commence and the player's vision faintly becomes blue. After a period of time, the player will begin to hear auditory hallucinations.A second message will appear reading, "You feel like you have nausea...". The longer the player is infected with SCP-008, the more predominant the blue in the player's vision will become and the louder the auditory hallucinations become.
After a period of time, another message will be displayed, reading, "You feel very sick...". Shortly after the message is displayed, the player will suffocate and suddenly be greeted by a scene where the player meets a researcher, who pleads for help. The player will eat the researcher, only to die shortly afterward.
SCP-008 and its side-effects can be cured completely by consuming a SCP-500 pill.
The gas emitted from the SCP-008 container has the same properties as decontamination gas.
- SCP-008, like SCP-500, was originally part of a third-party mod for the game made by forum user InnocentSam. After being played by game creator Regalis, both were added into the game in v0.7.
- The hazmat suit currently does not protect the player from any effects caused by gas.
- Even though it is a bio-hazardous SCP in the game, the label in its containment room does not have a warning by its picture.
- The original version of SCP-008's Foundation article (created in 2008) labeled it as a Keter-class SCP object. In December 2012, SCP-008 was edited and reclassified as Euclid due to how easy it is to contain.
- The only thing stopping it from being a Safe-class object is that there are still unaccounted-for samples of it out in the world.