SCP-066 or "Eric's Toy" is a SCP featured in SCP - Containment Breach. SCP-066 was added in the 1.0 update.
SCP-066 is an amorphous mass of intricately braided thread weighing approximately one kilogram. Strands of SCP-066 may be taken individually and manipulated; when this is done, a note of the diatonic scale (C-D-E-F-G-A-B) is produced by the object.
When a set of six or more notes are produced, SCP-066 will produce a benign effect of varying nature and duration. SCP-066 will not respond to manipulation while any effect produced by it is in progress. Prior to Incident 066-2, results have included:
- SCP-066 transformed into a small calico kitten for seventeen minutes. The kitten exhibited significant friendliness and playfulness, and appeared to be declawed and neutered.
- A song lasting four minutes, acoustic guitar with vocal accompaniment by singer/songwriter [REDACTED]. The lyrics warned the listener not to use sharp objects without parental supervision.
- A small cupcake, chocolate with chocolate frosting and a lit candle stuck in the top. Notably, the tones produced prior to this effect corresponded to the opening notes of “Happy Birthday”. SCP-066 became responsive after said cupcake was consumed.
After Incident 066-2, SCP-066 began to display behavior highly inconsistent with its previous properties. SCP-066 now displays significant mobility, primarily in the form of being able to move portions of itself at very high speed. While SCP-066 is either unable or unwilling to use this ability for transportation, it will occasionally attempt to damage its containment by rubbing its strands against the side of the box, gradually wearing it down. This process appears to be unusually effective for the materials in consideration.
Apart from its mobility, SCP-066 will automatically produce notes and effects in the presence of any human, regardless of whether that human interacts with SCP-066. This process takes a minimum of six seconds. In the aftermath of Incident 066-2, effects produced by SCP-066 have included:
- A single bee was released near the containment, stinging D-4436 before flying away. The bee was not captured. It is unknown how the bee survived.
- "Beethoven’s Second Symphony" was played at over 140 decibels, causing permanent deafness in three personnel and permanent hearing damage in eight others.
- The room containing SCP-066 experienced a sudden and complete absence of light for five hours. Personnel in the room reported hearing loud breathing behind their shoulders, although no source was apparent.
When it is not producing anomalous effects, SCP-066 will say the name “Eric” constantly in a deep masculine voice.
SCP-066 was added to the game in the 1.0 update. It will roll into the player and will make a crack on the ground similar to SCP-106, but without the blood. It will say "Eric?" various times and will occasionally play Beethoven's Second Symphony very loudly.
- SCP-066 in the game is harmless, but it is stated that it can harm people hearing the 140 decibel version of "Beethoven's Second Symphony". It's also stated that SCP-066 can cause temporary or permanent deafness and severe hearing damage.
- SCP-066 will also cure any effects from SCP-966, which may give it a purpose in the game.