SCP-106 who is named the old man is a scary man and the second bad guy of the game.
SCP-106 is an old man, that looks like an old man with a good jacket. SCP-106 is not very strong, but he's strong enough to kill you after gaining the power to take you in his "pocket dimension". SCP-106 is also hard enough to walk all over the place.
SCP-106 causes a dark black liquid, which destroys. This is observed as rusting, rotting, and cracking of materials, and the creation of a black, mucus-like substance similar to the material coating SCP-106. This effect is particularly detrimental to living tissues, and is assumed to be a “pre-digestion” action. Corrosion continues for six hours after contact, after which the effect appears to “burn out”. SCP-106 is capable of passing through solid matter, leaving behind a large patch of its corrosive mucus. SCP-106 is able to “vanish” inside solid matter, entering what is assumed to be a form of “pocket dimension”. SCP-106 is then able to exit this dimension from any point connected to the initial entry point (examples: “entering” the inner wall of a room, and “exiting” the outer wall. Entering a wall, and exiting from the ceiling). It is unknown if this is the point of origin for SCP-106, or a simple “lair” created by SCP-106.
Shown of this his "pocket dimension” makes it seen to be have big creepy halls and rooms, where a big number of scary stuffs can happen. This is shown to go on for a long time, or “days”, with some of you being kicked out of his pocket dimension because he has seen you do bad stuff.
In-gameSCP-106 is the second SCP that you will encounter, even if indirectly. In fact, when you will enter in the following room next to SCP-173's containment room, you can clearly hear his disturbing spooky laugh and also can see on the lower floor an huge puddle of his thick, black, liquid, where some furniture as tables and chairs can be seen disappearing in it, probably with the people situated near® it.
SCP-106 is on mobile, and appears quite often. It can spawn at any time near you (either from the floor or from the ceiling). If SCP-106 manages to catch the player, it will injure him and pull him through the floor and into its pocket dimension.
SCP-106 can also spawn in scripted events, such as in the Maintenance Tunnels or in front of SCP-895. It can also be seen traversing across the grated hallway and the T-shaped room where it drops a dead scientist from the ceiling, or in an End Room dragging down in a puddle of his corrosive liquid a janitor attempting to escape.
SCP-106 appears at the Gate A ending, attempting to escape when it is effectively halted with the H.I.D. Turret, causing it to retreat to its pocket dimension. If the player contains SCP-106 and then goes to Gate A, SCP-106 will not appear, and the second Gate A ending will commence.
Judging by the corrosion found in Dr. Maynard's room and the fact that the player can find his security code note in the pocket dimension, it's safe to assume that Maynard was taken by SCP-106. Also, SCP-106 drops a heavily decomposed body to scare the player. This body appears to be a Foundation researcher, and perhaps what remains of either Dr. L or Dr. Maynard.
Judging by the fact that Dr.L's office is made with the mossy stone from the Pocket Dimension, that there is corrosion under his office door, and his notes are burned and covered in blood, it can be presumed that Dr. L was captured, and that the body dropped by SCP-106 is either Dr. L or Dr. Maynard.
SCP-106 can be detected using an S-NAV Ultimate, even if the corrosion sound is not heard.
He can be evaded in a way similar to SCP-096- locate a tesla gate, stun him, and sprint as fast as possible to potentially get out of his range. Or, more simply, get far from him as fast as plausible and hope to be far enough, making him retreat again in his Pocket Dimension.
Upon entering SCP-106's containment chamber, the player has the option to use the Recall Protocol to re-contain SCP-106. The following is a step-by-step process to successfully recapture SCP-106:
- Turn off the magnets switch (ELO-IID magnetics).
- Turn on the intercom to transmit the sound throughout the facility.
- Press the femur breaker button (automated hydraulic press) and wait for SCP-106 to appear.
- Once SCP-106 appears, quickly turn the magnets back on.
This should successfully re-contain SCP-106 and it will no longer appear around the facility. It should also be noted that if the player hasn't turned the magnets back on by the time the screen goes static, then SCP-106 will start to chase after the player. The player can also turn off the magnets once SCP-106 is contained if they want to re-release it. If the player fails to correctly contain the SCP or lets it out again, it is impossible to re-contain it again. If the player wishes to obtain the first Gate A ending, they must re-release SCP-106 from its container if he has already been contained by the player or the MTF soldiers.
A document about the protocol can be found on a desk next to a keyboard. A level 4 key card can also be found next to the controls.
- Turning on "God mode" with console commands will not prevent SCP-106 from teleporting the player to the Pocket Dimension.
- In v0.5, SCP-106 got an A* based pathfinding algorithm, so that it wouldn't simply float towards the player through the map anymore. However, when SCP-106 got its new model in v0.6, this pathfinding algorithm was scrapped until it was re-added in v0.7.2.
- As of V0.9, SCP-106 has a new scripted event. If the player chooses to enter the first end room they find, a blue-uniformed foundation employee will run to the player. However, SCP-106 will emerge from the ground and take him to the Pocket Dimension before they reach the player. If the player stays in the room a short time afterwards, SCP-106 will return and chase them.
- SCP-106 has a hidden spawn timer in the debug menu. Once this timer reaches zero, it will emerge from the floor next to the player.
- SCP-106 may be a reference to the infamous Garry's Mod Servers. Where bad admin are bad. They teleport you (in the old man) and will no clip (like 106).
- SCP-106 will not spawn in rooms that are close to SCP-173's containment area.
- "Radical Larry" is widely-used as SCP-106's nickname.
- When entering Dr.L's office with SCP-106 disabled using console commands, the secret spawn timer will start.