SCP-513, referred to as "A Cowbell", is an SCP object encountered in SCP - Containment Breach.
SCP-513 is a normal cowbell coated in a thick layer of rust, which cannot be removed through mechanical or chemical means.
Any noise produced by SCP-513 summons SCP-513-1 to those who hear it, stalking them in the corner of their eyes and in their sleep. The sheer stress and anxiety caused by SCP-513-1's predations is enough to drive several test subjects to the point of suicide.
SCP-513 is in the containment chamber inside broken gelatin, damaged by a destroyed wall. The bell can be taken from its gelatin casing and used as an item which, when activated, rings it. After this, SCP-513-1 will appear and stalk the player. Sometimes after ringing, SCP-513-1 will lure the player into following it.
It is an emaciated, ghoulish humanoid with dark grey and black mottled skin as if it had been burned. Like SCP-096, its arms are grossly out of proportion with the rest of its body.
After the player uses SCP-513, it will appear around the facility with an ambient bell sound. Upon approaching SCP-513-1 it will disappear for a short time. Putting SCP-513 in SCP-914 on Rough will show the remains of SCP-513 in decal and prevent SCP-513-1 from appearing.
- SCP-513 was re-added in build v1.0.8
- SCP-513 existed in older builds, but was removed because ringing it would always result in the player dying. It was replaced with SCP-372, in v1.0.
- SCP-513-1 model is an edited version of SCP-096.
- If SCP-513 is placed in SCP-914 on fine, very fine or 1:1, the game will crash.
- SCP-513, and SCP-513-1 itself is harmless.
- SCP-513-1 is the only harmless humanoid object in the game.