SCP-990 is a Keter-class SCP object. It is known on the Foundation site as "Dream Man".
SCP-990 is generally a human male dressed in a Cold War era business suit who appears to Foundation personnel through dreams. Thus far no Foundation personnel have encountered SCP-990 in the real world; if he corresponds to an actual human being, we have yet to find him. Presently there have been no reports of SCP-990 appearing to non-Foundation personnel.
SCP-990 does not appear in-game. However, upon loading the game, if the player encounters the "CWM" loading screen, audio clips of SCP-990 will play. These audio clips will contain quotes of SCP-990 talking to the player as if they were in a dream.
While the map is loading
- "You look afraid. Don't be afraid. This is a dream, the last dream you may ever have, for nightmares are coming."
Once the map has finished loading
- "I wouldn't want to wake up, but unfortunately, you must."
- The audio clips for SCP-990 were done by TheVolgun.
- Before v0.7.2, a mysterious figure would occasionally appear in the background of the loading screen. The figure was often speculated to be either SCP-990 or a member of "Nobody".
- The audio files for SCP-990 in the game's files have the extension .cwm. These files can be converted to .ogg by changing the file extension if one wishes to listen to them outside the game.
- SCP-990 is considered Keter not because he can harm, but instead because he poses a serious risk about the releasing of information about the Foundation and so risking to break its anonymity.