The Foundation, often referred to as The SCP Foundation, is a secret organization dedicated to the security and safety of the world by securing and containing anomalous and hostile artifacts and entities among many things, referred to as SCPs.
History and ObjectivesEdit
The history of the Foundation is limited and shrouded in mystery. However, the Foundation was founded to ensure the safety of the human race from anything that might attempt to destroy or subjugate humanity.
The goals of the foundation are:
- Observe preternatural phenomena and develop new theories of science based on their observable behavior.
- Contain potentially dangerous phenomena.
- Develop safety procedures for dealing with all future phenomena.
- Observe, detain, and destroy any one or any thing preventing us from accomplishing the above-stated goals.
The Foundation is headed by an O5 Command which consists of up to 13 high-ranking members, who are elected from high level government, military and scientific positions.
Special Containment ProceduresEdit
These procedures form the backbone of the Foundation's ability to catalogue and maintain an effective archive of every object and entity that has come under the Foundation's control, or at least knowledge.
Special Containment Procedures refer to the reports drafted on the unknown entities in containment by the Foundation. They are meant to quickly summarize the threat and describe the items in detail. All SCPs are given a title based on a numerical system, "SCP-XXXX". They are also given a classification of either Safe, Euclid, or Keter, referring to their level of hostility, danger, and how extensive the containment procedures to keep them safely contained are.
The term SCP was coined into the motto, Secure. Contain. Protect.
- Researcher Furguson
- D-9341 - Player Character
Mobile Task ForcesEdit
- MTF Alpha-2 ("The Mailmen")
- MTF Gamma-5 ("They're on our side, Sir!")
- MTF Eta-10 ("See No Evil")
- MTF Epsilon-11 ("Nine-Tailed Fox")
- Mysterious Task Force ("Cloud Nine")
- Agent Ulgrin
- Site Director Rosewood
- According to the file for SCP - 2314 on the SCP Foundation Site, in an interview it was revealed that "SCP" is usually pronounced "scip"